Friday, July 24, 2015

PCCCS #154 ~ Love Life

This is my second time playing PCCCS Sketch Challenge and needless to say their sketches definitely encourage me to think outside of my card making box! 
Here is my take on their sketch this week...


Here is their sketch that inspired my card...
http://www.papercraftcrew.com/pcccs-154-card-sketch/

I used one of my favorite Stampin' Up! Kits A Happy Thing from their Sale-A-Bration. When I saw the circles I immediately thought of the lemon stamp from this kit. I was brave enough to "fussy" cut the lemons...I still need to work on that skill! For the lemons I used Daffodil Delight and the leaves are Old Olive (my favorite green). I stamped the sentiment and lemons with Memento Tuxedo black. I colored in the lemons and leaves with SU! Stampin' Write markers (the same colors as the ink). I recently purchased SU! Dots and Stripes Decorative Masks and when I saw the stripes on the sketch I thought why not try it out on this card? I used Daffodil Delight and a sponge dauber to make the stripes...I liked how it turned out and glad that I bought it! I used Whisper White for the base of the card and the second layer...I used some Old Olive ribbon (which I had had for a long time) to break up the second layer. I used SU! 1 1/4 circle punch for the sentiment. On the second layer I used 2" circle punch and then using my Decorative Dots Embossing Folder I punch a 2 1/2" circle punch and glued that behind the 2" circle. I love it when I look at a sketch and immediately have stamps and embellishments pop into my head!

Thanks for stopping by! 
~Happy Stamping~
Wynne

Below are a list of all the SU! Products I used to make this card...





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. This set was one of my favourites from Sale-a-bration, Wynne! It pairs perfectly with the masking stripes you did - great card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete